Many swimming pool accidents that lead to injuries occur as a result of:
- Failure to properly secure a swimming pool
- Failure to maintain the swimming pool in proper condition
- Improperly designed swimming pools
- Improperly constructed swimming pools
Owners of private swimming pool have a duty to provide a safe and secure environment for both children and adults. In addition, public swimming are also subject to similar guidelines.
PUBLIC SWIMMING POOLS
- School Swimming Pool
- Recreational Park Pool
- Neighborhood Park Pool
- Hotel Swimming Pool
- Resort Swimming Pool
If you or a loved one has been injured in a swimming pool accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against the owner. Swimming pool accidents fall under the criteria of premises liability. A property owner has a responsibility to maintain a swimming pool in a safe and secure manner.
CAUSES OF SWIMMING POOL ACCIDENTS
- Inadequate fences around a swimming pool
- Inadequate presence of lifeguards
- Too many people inside the pool
- Slippery swimming pool deck
- Broken tiles around the pool area
- Inadequate supervision of children
- Poorly trained lifeguards
- Diving board malfunctions
- Excessive alcohol use around the swimming pool area
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a swimming pool accident, it is best to have an experienced premises liability attorney on your side. Contact the Law Offices of Randy C. Botwinick so that we can explain to you your legal rights and options. We will provide you with an immediate, no obligation consultation today.