If your child has sustained a serious injury or death in a school bus related accident, it is important to consult with an experienced school bus accident attorney.
School bus drivers have a duty to exercise reasonable care when handling the school bus. A school district can be held responsible for a bus driver’s failure to turn on flashing red lights and this negligence causes injury to a student. School bus drivers are negligent for permitting and allowing children to exit a bus or cross a busy intersection without warning of approaching traffic.
COMMON CAUSES OF SCHOOL BUS ACCIDENTS
A school bus driver and the school district may be negligent if the bus driver fails to:
- Provide children with safe places to board or exit the school bus
- Failure to warn children against known dangers associated with bus stops
- Failure of a school bus driver to stop as its usual destination
- Failure to look in the rear view mirror to verify that all traffic has stopped
- Failure to remain stopped with flashing red lights for a sufficient length of time
- Failure of the school bus to be furnished with required safety equipment
- Overloaded school buses
- Poorly maintained brakes
- Aggressive school bus operation
Treatment for school bus related injuries can be expensive and cause financial strain on the family. The companies that maintain school buses or the school district may be liable if your child has been injured in an accident. You may be able to recover monetary compensation for such injuries.
School bus related accidents lead to serious physical injury and even death. Common injuries in school bus accidents include:
- Burn Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Internal Injuries
If your child has been injured in a school bus accident contact the Law Offices of Randy C. Botwinick. Consultations are always free and there is no fee for us to handle your case until we recover money on your child’s behalf.