Burn injuries are often painful, unbearable and disfiguring, depending on their location and severity. An accident that causes burn injuries could result in a lifetime of medical treatment, including surgeries and extensive therapy. Burn injuries also cause emotional trauma.
Burn injuries are classified as follows:
- First-Degree Burns: First-degree burns cause the least amount of physical damage. This type of burn only causes damage to the outer layer of the skin. A mild sunburn is an example of a first-degree burn.
- Second-Degree Burns: Second-degree burns cause damage to the underlying layers of the skin. These burns are generally pain and could ultimately blister.
- Third-Degree Burns: Third-degree burns are serious and life threatening. These type of burns destroy all of the layers of skin. Third-degree burns cause nerve damage and could leave permanent scars.
Burn injuries can be caused by the following accidents:
- Automobile Accidents
- Hot/Scalding Water
- Electrical Accidents
- Flammable Liquid Fuel Explosions
- Defective Candles
- Defective Lighters
- Defective Products
- Faulty Equipment
- Defective Gas Tanks
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a burn injury you could be compensated for:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Income (Past & Future)
- Pain and Suffering
- Mental Anguish
Contact the Law Offices of Randy C. Botwinick. We will evaluate your case and if you are entitled to compensation we will prosecute your claim and hold the at fault party responsible.